My Samsung Galaxy S6 won't turn on.
    It's quite a worrying problem, since the warranty on it expired last December.
    I've searched online for solutions but none of them worked.

The last time I had some kind of response was when I tried to turn it on after the battery got depleted. I put it in the charger, and let it sit for half an hour. When I came back and saw 32% on my display, I tried to turn it on and the screen went black without ever turning back on. The LED isn't responsive either.
    I've tried booting Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and Download Mode. But my phone just didn't respond, the screen is still black.

However, I did find a clue that might help with finding out what exactly is wrong with my phone. When I hold the power button, a small area around it gets pretty warm.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Since I really don't want to lose those pictures of my late gramps.
    01-05-2019 04:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! My guess is the battery has failed. This isn't that surprising after 2 years of use, if you've made a habit of letting the battery drain completely before recharging it, since that significantly shortens the battery lifespan. You'll have to bring it to a repair shop, and make sure to tell them not to wipe the phone if all they have to do is replace the battery.

In the future, you should also not rely on your phone as the only storage place for important data, like photos of your grandfather. Make sure you backup or sync this information somewhere safe on a regular basis.
    01-05-2019 06:16 PM
    @B. Diddy
    Thank you!
    I had the same guess. I usually use my phone until it's 2% then charge it.
    But I was on my way home and didn't pay any attention to my phone, sadly.
    Also, I don't really rely on my phone for such things. I usually back everything up using Samsung Cloud, KIES, and/or Dropbox. They should automatically upload the images from the Camera folder to those clouds. But apparently they didn't, which is such a shame. Oh well... Off to the repairs shop it is.
    Thank you for your time and answer!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-05-2019 08:36 PM
    Good luck with the repair! I would recommend Google Photos for auto-backup, which has been very reliable for me.
    01-06-2019 12:01 AM