LG X Venture synced to my Google account. No problem until about 2 months ago. No problem sending emails, only updating incoming. All other apps working fine. Have pulled up Yahoo email with no problem. Any idea what I need to do to get Gmail to work?
    Thanks. KBP45
    01-06-2019 10:14 AM
    Delete the GMail account, then add it back as an existing account.
    01-06-2019 12:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it work fine in the actual Gmail app?
    01-06-2019 04:08 PM
    B Diddy, Gmail is installed on my phone. I can send emails with no problem. When I try to update my email to read past incoming emails it says last updated Jan 1. Those emails and past emails are not available. Also notifies me that Server is unavailable, Try again later.

Rukbat, To Delete the GMail account, then add it back as an existing account what steps do I take?

Thanks, KBP45

Welcome to Android Central! Does it work fine in the actual Gmail app?
    Gmail not sending any more. If I delete the Gmail account, How do I add it back as an existing account?
    01-07-2019 11:42 AM
    What app are you using for email? If you are using an app that you can delete and reinstall try that. There are any number of things that may have happened that are causing you issues, far too many to try to list and this cuts to the heart of if it all by giving you a clean slate from which to start a new. If you are not using an app that can be uninstalled, locate the app in your applications and notifications under settings. Clear the cache, then you could try using it again to see if simply clearing the cache got rid of the junk causing you issue. If not then clear the data for the app, note this may cause you to have to sign-in again when you open the app. Now try the app.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-08-2019 04:07 AM
    Cleared cache Gmail, still won't update or send. If I uninstall Gmail how do I reinstall with existing account?
    If I clear data I will lose all files, etc.
    01-09-2019 01:50 PM
    I'm still not entirely clear on which email app you're using. Is it the Gmail app, or the stock Email app from LG?
    01-09-2019 09:22 PM
    I am having the same problem! My gmail app works! But when I type gmail.com on my search bar the incoming emails are outdated.. Any other ideas?
    05-04-2019 07:17 PM