Why is this happening and can i completely wipe it

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My tab s has started to reboot while I am either surfing or playing games, I have tried a full reset and even installing previous versions of the operating system but to no avail, funny thing is it doesn't do it in safe mode. Any help or advice would be really appreciated....joe

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, that means it's probably due to some app you installed. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to pinpoint the culprit, unless you have some prior suspicions. You may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Are all of the apps on the tablet installed from the Play Store, or did you install some from other sources? If the latter, then I'd start by uninstalling those apps.

Jds90

Jan 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the welcome, as I have done a full reset or factory reset there are no apps installed, if it was a PC I would format the hard drive and install a fresh windows..but as I said prior I had installed an earlier version of the software system which didn't work, then tried an earlier version of that and still didn't work...I too think it's a bug and was hoping to completely wipe it and re install a software version I have downloaded and is sitting on my PC...any thoughts on that.....thanks joe

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you install earlier firmware version -- using Odin? Are you certain you chose the firmware for your exact variant? Installing a firmware for a different variant can introduce various issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's still happening with freshly installed firmware, then I'd guess it's a hardware issue. Does it get pretty warm prior to the reboot? In that case, the battery might be the culprit.