Ethically, morally, --
    As a society we will welcome and provide for non-citizens. This includes healthcare, cash, food and housing. But MY bill gets out of hand and I'VE fallen behind and I'M disconnected until I am able repay this -- carrier unlock denied and I'M poor and I'M desperate. I am not being supported by the Country, State, City or Church. I just need an carrier unlock. Please help. I can Root, follow directions and feel this is morally "not bad" under my circumstances.

Employers, friends, family all fully expect you to have the 100%-needed, required technology. It's cold out here. Please help. How do I unlock the unlock-able?
    01-06-2019 06:22 PM
    Cellular phone providers are private companies, not a government agency. Cellphone service is not a guaranteed right for everyone -- you have to pay for it. If you can't pay for it, then you need to see if there's a subsidized program that can help you pay for it (like the US government's Lifeline program).
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    01-06-2019 06:45 PM
    I would add on that you can simply call your carrier and have them unlock it for you. As long as you meet the requirements they are obligated to do so and it is the only way to do so that is actually lawful.
    01-06-2019 07:05 PM
    Your morality is a bit off if you think it's not bad to steal luxury items because you can't afford them.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-06-2019 07:38 PM
    I would add on that you can simply call your carrier and have them unlock it for you. As long as you meet the requirements they are obligated to do so and it is the only way to do so that is actually lawful.
    Considering the OP is behind on the bill that's not an option...
    01-06-2019 07:47 PM