How do I either turn off Google Play ads or install apps without Google Play? I have an LG 414 phone and straight out of the box it had pop up ads. These ads pop up whether an app is running or not, when either opening or closing something. All the ads direct you back to Google Play to install an app. Many of the apps are location-specific. So, i deleted every app the phone would allow. Mind you I haven't installed anything yet. The ads continued. So I turned off location services in google and deleted google play. Then i went to google ad services and opted out of their ads and all 300+ "third party" ad services. The ads stopped. Then i reinstalled play and the ads came back.
    01-07-2019 09:16 AM
    Some phones have ads baked into the OS, but it's usually the lower end phones sold for next to nothing. LG isn't known for this. Did you buy this used or from a third party seller? It's possible they could've installed adware on the phone before settling it. Amazon also does this on some phones, but they disclose it as an option, in return for a cheaper price.
    01-07-2019 09:44 AM