Wifi drain but only at home :-/

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The wifi in my home drains the battery on my Nexus 6P ridiculously. I have wifi turned on all the time and when I'm using wifi anywhere else, there is no problem and my battery lasts at least a day and half with my typical usage. I have gone to bed with the battery on 100% and 8 hours later, it's dead! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Radders07

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
Because the battery completely dies, it says that nothing has been used though I'll check again tonight. Actually, it only gives me device usage since full charge, so it's still going to be that nothing has used the battery.

I'll check it before I go to bed. I have a feeling it's the wifi router but I don't know how to change any settings on it to stop it except to turn the wifi off on my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone isn't connecting to other routers during the day, it could be the WiFi transmitter that's defective. If it is, it could be that your router has 5GHz enabled (most public WiFi is still at 2.4GHz). Or that the signal to your bedroom is so weak that the WiFi transmitter is transmitting at max power.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO