Brand: Samsung
    Model: SM-J727P (Galaxy J7 Perx)

Hello Android community,

Trying to help a friend with a phone problem. Issue is pretty much as title describes. Phone alerted that battery was down to 15%, phone was plugged into charger and then died. Shows circle with lightning bolt but will not power up when power up presses normally.

Basic troubleshooting attempted (removing battery, different charging cable, leaving the phone off to drain, etc). Attempted to get into recovery mode (up volume+home+power) and not getting a response. Able to get into download mode (down volume+power) then trick the phone to boot by canceling and selecting "restart", phone will not boot up otherwise. Got into safe mode this way. The lock screen will display in both safe and normal but the moment you unlock phone it powers off.

It looks like there is corruption on the OS but I'm puzzled that recovery mode won't work. Im tech oriented but no experience rooting or flashing phones. Attempted to flash phone with Odin (default Nougat rom from android xda forum), fails pretty much right away. Error on phone is "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 4 > Binary 1". Is it possible the battery may have fried the rom chip?

Haven't done much phone troubleshooting to this degree before. If anyone knows what the solution is or has something for me to try I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!
    01-08-2019 07:16 AM
    First, if the battery isn't at about 90% (or more), charge it.

Brand: Samsung
    Model: SM-J727P (Galaxy J7 Perx)Attempted to flash phone with Odin (default Nougat rom from android xda forum), fails pretty much right away. Error on phone is "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 4 > Binary 1".
    That's saying that you're trying to flash a ROM version lower than the one the phone was updated to, so you should find an Oreo ROM for it (make sure it's for the SM-J727P) and flash that.

Is it possible the battery may have fried the rom chip?
    Not likely - the battery would have to have been putting out a lot of voltage to get through all the safety stuff on the board to do that - and it can't.

And register an account here if you want to add or ask anything, so you can keep it in this thread.
    01-08-2019 02:14 PM
    Rukbat, thank you. I was able to successfully flash using Oreo, Odin showed successful. Issue still persists though. Phone won't boot normally, can't get into recovery mode, etc. I can boot into the download mode (volume down+power), then cancel to try a normal or safe boot. Phone will sometimes get to the lock screen like this but will shutdown when it displays "starting android", same as before the flash. Reason I thought battery was because I can't do anything while not on a charging cable, phone is just dead (never had an issue prior to yesterday). Then the times I was able to get to the lock screen the battery status ranged greatly from (90% to 0% to 77%, etc). I'm going to leave the phone charging overnight and then test again.
    01-08-2019 08:53 PM
    Im having this issue also, J7 Perx Boost.
    I tried the original stock firmware and got this on phone download screen
    "sw rev check fail : [aboot]fused 5 >binary 1"

does anyone know where i can find the Oreo version for J7 Perx Boost mobile?
    07-10-2019 08:09 PM