Hello.

Recently there was a patch or an update of some sort on my CAT S41 smart phone. As a result, many of my apps have been making vibrations and even sound notifications that were not happening before. I am able to fix those individually.

Now the question comes about the phone calls. When i receive a phone call, there is no vibration (don't want any either) but when i do an outgoing phone call, the phone will vibrate at the very beginning of the call. This is a minor but still an annoying nuisance.

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? I am happy to provide more details about the device if needed. Android version 8.0.0 at the moment. Also i have went into Phone > Settings > Sounds and Vibration and removed the tick on "Also vibrate for calls" with no results. I even went into "Apps & Notifications" and attempted to disable all the various categories of notification options there, including vibration but that still has not fixed this.

I don't know what is causing this and this only started with a recent patch. Any thoughts or steps i could take here?

Thanks!
    01-08-2019 03:08 PM
    The problem is in the Android system. There is no option to disable this "feature". I got this information from CAT Support - get used to it .
    By the way I'have many more problems with APPs. Android Auto reboots the phone instatntly when it is connected to the car - before the oreao update, it was Ok....
    This problem is seemed to be related to the Oreo udate too.
    We have to wait for the 8.1.0 update pack.
    01-16-2019 05:39 AM