In Google maps if I ask it to say show me closest fuel station, it shows one across the river which is further away by road than the one which is actually closest. How can this be remedied?
    01-08-2019 09:34 PM
    Google maps is good for several things but you are kind of at the mercy of Google's system. I've had this with parks. Some times it will show me places that are near by but sometimes when I'm sitting looking at the sign for a park it won't show up. I've actually been at parks that don't appear on Google maps at all. I've gone on to add them and a day or so later I'll get a message from Google saying my addition has been approved and added. Once in a large metro area I was searching for a Speedway, gas station, and it showed me one like 24 miles away. I assumed that the area I was in just didn't have any of these types of stations so I went someplace else. 2 miles later I drove past not 1 but 2 along the same road. SMH. So why doesn't it exist when I am clearly sitting here in the parking lot or driving by one looking at the sign? I'm going to have to say it's because whatever resource Google pulls from for its places, categories of places and place location just isn't perfect. I haven't tried too many other mapping apps but I have friends that swear by Wayz or Waze...? Either way try another mapping app.
    01-08-2019 10:11 PM