Stopping wallpaper scrolling on Huawei P20 Pro

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone's wallpaper has started scrolling when I swipe left or right on the home screen. A consequence of this is that my phone has automatically resized the wallpaper (i.e. cropped the top and bottom of it) so that it can do this. As I specially prepared the wallpaper for my phone (i.e. ensured it was the correction proportions and resolution), the result is rather unsatisfactory.

My question is therefore: Where can I find the controls to turn off the scrolling in the phone's settings? I can find a "Scrollable" toggle under Settings / Display / Wallpaper / Set wallpaper, but using this doesn't get me back to my original fixed wallpaper (and it looks deactivated by default in any case). Plus, this setting seems to relate only to picking a single wallpaper rather than selecting a wallpaper directory.

Alternatively, is there a wallpaper proportion / resolution that I should use to properly take advantage of the scrolling?

Finally, why has this started now? I'm not aware of anything I've done to cause it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21