Any hint how to analyze why sdcard gets corrupted? I know how to fix the card but I want to find out why it happens or what application causes it to happen.
    I had no card issues with my Sony xperia z over the years. And there was no card issues with Huawei p8. But when my daughter were using those phones mainley with the list of games from play store, the card started to appear. Tested with couple of different cards and those cards what used to work ok.
    So it would be nice yo detect why this happens.
    01-11-2019 11:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! There are a few reasons I know of. Probably the main reason is that SD card memory chips are generally low quality -- I spoke to someone in the industry about this. This is the case even with well-known manufacturers like Sandisk. This is the main reason you should never rely on an SD card to be the sole storage for important data.

Another reason is that SD cards have a finite lifespan that depends on the number of read-write cycles. The problem is that you'll rarely get any warning that the card is about to corrupt or fail -- it just will. This is why it's not a good idea to use an SD card as Adoptable Storage to install apps to, because normal app functioning requires many read-write operations.

Finally, there are a lot of counterfeit SD cards out there, which are programmed to report more storage than they actually have. Once you exceed the actual storage on the card, things start to corrupt. SD Insight can help figure out if the card is valid, but the app doesn't always work on Nougat and above.
    01-14-2019 02:55 PM