Good Day,

I did a factory reset on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4-global cell phone and

after rebooting I get a screen message asking-Activate this device.

I cannot remember the account no and password and thus is locked out. .

I have tried various tricks as per Google but nothing works

Is there any way of removing this issue or flashing a new rom that will this solve the problem of having to reset account no and password.

I am senior citizen and dont need this security check .

Your comments and advice will be much appreciated.
    01-12-2019 03:28 AM
    Welcome.

Try Google Account Recovery.
    01-12-2019 06:06 AM
    Welcome.

Try Google Account Recovery.
    This is going to be about your only hope. What you are running into is a security feature, which means it is something you can't bypass. If you are having trouble remembering account info and passwords, then I suggest using a password manager (I prefer Last Pass).
    01-12-2019 09:19 AM
    If/when you get it working, write down your Google account password and stick in the back of a sock drawer of something. Or start using a password safe. (With 6 Google accounts, some of them with 30 character random character passwords, I'd never remember them - and I have a few hundred site passwords, each site having its own password. Without a password safe I'd have lost my mind years ago. [And using the same password everywhere is a sure way to give it away - many sites are so secure, they're the equivalent of picking a lock by looking at it. Break into one of those and all you get is my password for that site, not anything else.])

I use Keepass2Android Password Safe, only because it's free (and pretty impossible to break into), and I can choose the cloud I keep the password file on, but LastPass Password Manager is also good, a lot of people on the site use it. (But it's not free, and you store the passwords on their site, as far as I know - you don't get the choice.)
    01-14-2019 02:54 PM
    ...but LastPass Password Manager is also good, a lot of people on the site use it. (But it's not free, and you store the passwords on their site, as far as I know - you don't get the choice.)

Last Pass changed their pricing structure a while back. It use to be free for pc access and mobile access was a premium feature. Now mobile access and cross platform syncing is part of the free access (though I do pay for premium, $24/year).

Your data is saved both on their servers and your device, so accessing your passwords is still possible without internet access. All encryption is done locally on your devices, meaning no unsecured data is ever transmitted to their servers and there is no back door into your info. They are so serious about data security that there's no option to reset a forgotten master password. You can create a hint to help you remember it, but there is no recovering it if completely forgotten.
    01-14-2019 03:45 PM