I bought a samsung mini s4(or s3) from someone else. For a month or three the camera said "warning: camera failed". I could take selfies in the facebook messenger app. But in no other circumstances. I tried to follow internet advice and they said it was a hardware problem. So i gave up. The only thing i do is take cat pictures anyway. Then all of a sudden my camera started working. For weeks there was not a single issue. And now after a month my camera says yet again "warning: camera failure".
    01-12-2019 10:07 AM
    Have you tried downloading other camera apps to see if they work?
    01-12-2019 10:57 AM
    To answer your question. No, it only works in the facebook messenger app.

Above that I've been having some connection issues. Sometimes I can call or receive calls, but in about half the time I can't. I hear no beep tone by example. They also say they never received a call. Today i made some progress with the issue. I went to the network settings: additional settings, and my cellphone said: "call waiting, connection problem or invalid MMI code. for all basic services. " and "network or SIM card error"

Please help.
    01-25-2019 09:22 AM
    I've read some tips on the invalid MMI code issue, but I'm not american so some things don't work.
    01-25-2019 09:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The S3 or S4 mini are both really old phones, so it's possible the hardware is just failing. Do these problems also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-32821
    01-25-2019 11:21 AM