I was shocked to FIND my lost phone after 3 months. I paid $200.00 for replacement. Do I get my money back if I send in a phone and which phone goes back?
    01-12-2019 10:42 AM
    I'm gonna guess that you are most likely stuck with both phones, unless wherever you got the replacement from has a return policy that has not expired yet.
    It doesn't hurt to ask them though, I guess.
    01-12-2019 10:56 AM
    I would definitely ask wherever you got the replacement from, but I wouldn't count on much. If this was an insurance claim (and the $200 was a deductable you paid), then you should call them and ask if there's anything special you need to do. Some insurance companies want the lost item turned in to them.
    01-12-2019 12:23 PM
    Some insurance companies want the lost item turned in to them.
    Which I wouldn't do unless they returned the deductible to me. The phone was legitimately lost at the time of the claim, so the OP currently owns two phones, one of which s/he can legally sell. (If the IMEI is blacklisted by the carrier, the OP would have to bring the phone to the carrier [with ID] and ask that the phone be
    un-blacklisted.)
    01-13-2019 04:42 PM
    The counter argument is that they paid for replacing the phone (minus the deductable), and they will want to be made whole again if possible. I'm sure there is fine print in the contract covering this situation, either wanting one of the devices back or to be reimbursed. If not, could you imagine the amount of insurance fraud that could happen? Hopefully if this was an insurance claim, they would refund the deductable if the new device is returned. I don't have insurance on mine, so not sure how they handle situations like this.
    01-13-2019 05:33 PM