So I have seen various topics that are similar, but can't find my exact problem. I have a Stylo 3. I have had it a little over a month. I have had a few apps on my sd card the whole time. But the other day, I restarted my phone, & 5 apps that were on my card had uninstalled. So I reinstalled 3 of them. When I moved them to my card, they stopped working - won't open, & keep getting pop-ups saying they aren't working, even when I'm not trying to open them. There were a couple of other apps that had moved back to the pbone, & after moving them back to the card, they work fine, except that one won't let me download new books on it. Anyway, other apps on my card work fine. Pictures & music are okay, too. So I'm not sure if it's the card, the phone...Idk....any ideas/suggestions?
    01-12-2019 06:45 PM
    I believe that Android doesn't really support Apps on SD anymore.

Just a suggestion...I would not have apps on a SD card.
    01-12-2019 06:56 PM
    Android does not like apps on the SD card and is slowly removing the abilities to put them there. Leave the apps on the internal storage.

Put your media files on the SD card: pictures, music, videos, documents.

For your apps that use lots of data space (camera, games, GPS, maps), check the individual app settings. Many of the well written apps let you put the data on the SD card while leaving the app on the internal storage.
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-12-2019 11:45 PM
    So...are you saying that, even though in the individual app settings it gives me the option to move the app, & I had moved it before, that now I can't?

And the only option is internal storage or external - for the whole app - but I always thought it was mainly just the data that got moved, anyway. But Idk a lot about this stuff.
    01-13-2019 08:47 AM
    ManicJoe is absolutely correct!

Moving apps to an SD card can make the apps unstable.

As ManicJoe mentioned, it is recommended that you only keep data, such as photos and music, on an SD card.
    01-13-2019 09:20 AM
    Okay, thanks
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-13-2019 06:38 PM