How to recover data from my broken Samsung Galaxy S7?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've tried several programs that I've seen on YouTube tutorials, none of them worked. Samsung Kies doesn't recognize the phone, saying that only the owner can access it( well I AM THE OWNER!!!). I have to mention that the screen is black and the touchscreen is working which is useless anyway, I only managed to connect it to wi-fi. What can I do to get my photos and documents back? 😭 Which app will work? Another thing to mention, I have that cable that enables me to connect the mouse at the phone, which is also useless. But maybe you know something that will help me. Please give me a solution! :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if this guide helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html. Since it's a more recent phone, if you're able to get past the lockscreen, you'll still have to swipe down the notification panel and change the USB connection from Charge Only to MTP. If you can find another S7 to practice on, you might be able to duplicate the swipes and taps on the broken phone to unlock the screen and change the connection to MTP, in which case the PC could copy over your photos and documents.

In the future, consider taking advantage of cloud storage like Google Photos auto backup or Samsung Cloud. Or make sure you're backing up your data manually to your computer. You never know when something like this might happen.