What do u think I should have my Preferred network type set on 4G,3G,or 2G ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just got a brand new unlocked tablet which is a Android. I bought a straight talk Activation kit,they only had a 1GB kit with sim cards for phone on my tablet and for Internet. Yesterday I used 2G and got Internet just fine,just slow,well today I cant get any data Internet, I try to
Open Google play store and it keeps saying Retry (No internet connection . Make sure Wi-Fi or cellular data is turned on.) I do not have Wi-Fi ,but use cellular data and it is turned on. Should I use 4G instead of 2G setting? And I did the thing about trying other APN and I got net10 to work as well as Tmobile,but only half a data bar ,going in and out real faint..and keeps saying no Internet connection. And I have been all over house and outside with my tablet trying to get it to work. Plz help me.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try 3G or 4G, but be careful....you can use 1GB of data very quickly. You may want to turn off Auto-update Apps, otherwise bam! that could use several hundred megabytes alone, especially on a new device. Watch out for OS updates too, which will also eat data if you accept them.
If possible set a data-usage limit, such that the tablet just stops working when you reach that limit (something you cannot do on iPhones) until you adjust the limit upwards.

Let us know if you have problems trying to get 3G or 4G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol