I owned an S4 for many years. I recently was given an S5 ...to which I transfered all S4 data to...along with the SIM card ...to activate my new S5.
    Although I can't used the S4 for phone calls anymore...I can still use all applications that I uploaded to it...IE maps,GPS navigation etc...
    I would like to know if I will still be required to pay data services to my provider..( which I kept from the transfer) If I give the phone to someone and that the new owner uses it only for accessing those applications ,...within a Wi-Fi connexion. I guess another way to ask the question could be:
    Is Wi-Fi always free for the user ??? Thanks
    01-13-2019 12:50 PM
    WiFi is "free" in that you don't have to have a mobile data plan. It is not "free" in that you typically are paying for whatever service the WiFi is routed through.

The person getting the device should be able to use it as a WiFi device. However - I would HIGHLY suggest signing out of your Google account before giving it to them so they don't have access to your Google account. This also ensures they can sign back into it if they need to reset it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-13-2019 01:53 PM
    Not only signing out of it, deleting it from the phone entirely. Let them put in their own Google account. (If they don't have one, they can still add one and the connection [it will work on WiFi] will create the account for them].)
    01-13-2019 04:43 PM