Hi.

I spent 5 hours of my day off on Friday with various Samsung support folks from Mexico, struggling to get my Galaxy S5 to stop giving me alerts that say 'sign in fail' to my gmail account. The notification is accompanied by an annoyingly loud ding. And since I use my phone for my alarm to wake up, I have the volume on. And since the volume is on, this annoyingly loud ding has been waking me up, at all hours of the night for quite some time. The Samsung folks all did a fine job of instructing me to do the things that they figured might be able to stop this process from happening, (many of which I had already tried after reading things online) but, in the end, nothing has changed. So today, I deleted my gmail account. I figured that that act would surely free me of this absurd nuisance. But, apparently I was mistaken. The STUPID 'smart' phone is still trying to sign in to my email account that no longer exists. What the hell am I supposed to do, when Samsung can't even figure it out?
    Oh, and they couldn't access my phone itself for some reason so I had to try everything myself. Very frustrating. Feel like smashing it with a large sledgehammer, pissing on it, and throwing it in the river, but I will refrain from such Luddite tendencies for the time being.
    01-13-2019 10:45 PM
    If it was your primary Gmail account that you deleted, then you might need to do a Master Reset and wipe your phone.

The reason is that your Gmail account is your login for your Android Smartphone
    01-13-2019 10:54 PM