Hi,

I have a Moto E4 (XT1762) phone.
    When I got the phone I didn't have my own Gmail account so I set it up using my daughter's account.
    Now I have my own and I want to switch to using that, but I don't want to lose all the apps, data, settings, etc. on my phone.
    Please help!
    Thanks a lot!
    01-15-2019 11:40 AM
    The app purchases are attached to the account. If you remove the existing account any in-app purchases go with it. Since that account was not your own, making a plea to the developer to allow you to bring the license/purchase to your new account is probably not going to be accepted. The free apps might be OK, but any information saved to the cloud is not going to come over as it is tied to the previous account.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-15-2019 11:53 AM
    You can just add your account, and leave her account. then, in her account, turn off syncing, so you don't get her emails, etc. (Texts go by phone number [actually by SIM number], so you won't be getting her texts anyway.)
    01-15-2019 04:04 PM
    Hi, Thanks a lot for your replies.
    I only have free apps on the phone, but I am concerned about losing all the settings and data in the apps if I change from one account to another.
    I have added my own google account to the phone (it appears when I click on "accounts" or "google" in the settings), but in "users" it says I am still signed in with my daughter's account! Confused? I certainly am.
    01-16-2019 02:49 PM