There is no detail description on how to create device tree for modern android devices.So How can we create device trees for them from scratch without using help of other devices??
    01-15-2019 12:03 PM
    Define "device tree". I've only been developing software for about 45 years, so maybe I've missed something, but the only use I've ever heard of a phrase like that meant a list of devices, maybe in text form (like an .xml file), maybe in a spreadsheet, maybe in a graphic diagram.

And please register an account here (it's free and spam-free) so we can keep the conversation in this thread. As a guest, you can't post to an existing thread.
    01-15-2019 04:01 PM
    He is talking about the development of ROMs, to build a ROM for an android device you need a kernel source and a device tree I guess device tree is simply the heart of the ROM it has the drivers -I don't know if drivers is the right term- of the modules like CPU, wifi, cellular things..
    Some devices have device tree on github or Lineage sources and some don't so we need either to create a device tree from scratch or (port) a similar device tree and make changes to be stable on the device.

My knowledge is limited and a google search I was doing to expand my knowledge led me here so I thought to come by and follow to see if someone will help : )
    01-16-2019 03:08 PM