I own a REVVL 2 running on Android version 8.1.0 and can't get any files downloaded onto my SD card from Chrome to show in Gallery, Photos; any app that bases its file viewing on those apps. An odd exception to this is Skype, where if I choose to send a file to someone, it lets me access files from the SD and send them just fine, but not when I choose to send a gallery photo. Also, when I view the files in either the Files app, or the way to send them through Skype, it doesn't show a thumbnail for any of the pictures. But it DOES when I download the sent file from Skype.
    01-15-2019 11:11 AM
    First, there's no such thing as a "Gallery photo" - Gallery is just an app that shows the pictures and videos on the device.

But ...

Media apps use the Media Scan database to find files, they don't each scan the whole device each time you run them. And copying and downloading don't trigger Media Scan to run. (If you take a picture, or record sound, it will add that file to its database.) So after downloading, restart the device, or run an app like media.Re.Scan, which forces Media Scan to run and build a new database. (Skype allows you to scan the device - manually. Gallery can't do that.)
    01-15-2019 02:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that you're using the Chrome browser to download the photos, and not the Google search app?
    01-15-2019 04:19 PM
    Yes, I've been using the Chrome browser. Also, I downloaded and ran the media rescan app, and force stopped Gallery to check if it did anything - nothing changed. The thumbnails still won't show in Files, as well.

By "gallery photos" I meant the media sending option in Skype. My bad.
    01-15-2019 04:59 PM
    Use your file manager app and look directly in that download directory on the SD card. If you see a file called .nomedia, delete it.
    01-15-2019 08:50 PM