My Samsung Galaxy S7 is plugged, in, but won't go past 1%.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S7 since Oct. 2016. It's never had a case and has taken many rough falls, but it always survives and I've never had and issues with it. Recently, I plugged in my phone before i went to bed and the percentage stayed at 60% the entire night while it was plugged in. I thought that the charger just stopped working so i bought a new one at school that morning, and didn't have a chance to use it until about 9 pm, when i was at 1%. The percentage went up to about 17% in 40 mins ( pretty slow compared to other chargers i've purchased before) and when i would use it for maybe a minute to check a text the percentage would go down to 10%. Without thinking i used it down to 1% again and then left it for 2 hours to charge since i was busy anyways. Come to find it stayed at 1% the entire time. I have kept it on the charger ever since, afraid it will die and i won't be able to turn it back on without going to the Verizon store. Ive been told that maybe its charging this whole time and that the phone just thinks its only at 1%, and that i should restart the phone. But restarting the phone will take up to 1 to 2 percent of its battery, and if it is truly at only 1%, then it won't turn back on. I have no idea what to do! I'm not sure if the port is broken, the battery is fried, or what. I've used 5 different cord that i know all work, along with charging boxes and outlets. Any input or questions is very welcome!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use a can of compressed air to blow out the charging port, and a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts. If that doesn't help, it'd probably be best to take it to a repair shop.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would make sure everything is backed up before the phone dies, it's best not to risk losing data if it fails completely.

Try restarting it after that, if it's still not charging could be a bad battery or a loose connection. Dropping it multiple times may have caused internal damage from the jolt and shock of impacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084