I would like the ability to restrict apps access to using cellular data period, not just in the background. My cellular data is for emergencys only but apps now use data if I happen to open them without Wi-Fi, even when running data saver. It's only been a problem since switching from Motorola to this LG 6 phone. I've been up to my data limit before the end of the month a couple times (forgot to turn data off, not used to this new phone!)... Is there somewhere I can give LG feedback about this feature lack? I've tried using 3rd party apps but they use more data than the apps I'm trying to supress.
    01-16-2019 04:17 AM
    Use Google Datally to do what you want.
    01-16-2019 05:52 AM
    Why not just keep mobile data turned off? I know you said you forgot to do so once, but that sounds like the function you are wanting. Even with restricting mobile data, many apps will still try to use it, especially core Android apps. One big culprit is Google Play, which will download an update to the Play app itself whenever it wants, regardless of mobile or Wi-Fi status.

You could also go into the data usage settings in your phone's main settings, and set a data usage limit. Once you hit that limit, it automatically shuts off mobile data. You can set that limit to whatever you want, even to zero. You will get a notice about turning mobile data back on causing potential data charges.Where can I give feedback to LG to give the ability to deny certain apps access to cellular data?-capture-2b_2019-01-16-06-02-03.jpeg
    01-16-2019 06:07 AM