I have seen similar queries like this kicking around other threads but mine has a slightly different spin on it.

So I recently bought a pair of Marley BT headphones and I have a Huawei watch. I know you can only have call audio sent to one when both are connected, so right now I have phone audio off on my watch so I can receive calls on my headphones. But I have noticed that if phone audio is switched on on both, and both are connected, the headphones have a (no phone) tag next to them. This then disappears if I disconnect my watch, then reappears when the watch is connected again. Meaning call audio is defaulting to the watch when both are connected.

The questions I have is, is there a way to control this 'default' setting?

It would be great if the headphones were the default, meaning I can use them for calls while I'm using them, then calls switch to the watch every other time.
    01-16-2019 05:11 PM
    Do you actually take calls using your watch for audio when you don't have headphones connected?

I have the same watch, if you don't (just as I don't) there is no need to have to mess with this. My watch never has a full BT connection to my phone but I still get notifications on my watch and can respond to messages using it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-16-2019 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the reply hallux. I do on occasion take calls on my Huawei watch, mostly I use it as my hands free while I'm driving. Not often enough for it to be my preferred "headset" device, but it would be helpful to have available to me.
    01-16-2019 05:57 PM