I am thinking of replacing my screen/ digitizer, and front camera. There are a lot of different vendors to use with a great price variation- screens seem to be $60-$120.

How do you know if parts are the same quality as original? It's even confusing as to whether parts being sold are new or refurbished.

So where do you buy from that is good quality yet not top priced?

Thanks...
    01-16-2019 09:03 PM
    As a bargain shopper I will say that I've bought cheap and I've bought at higher prices and haven't really ever had any issues. For me it was more about knowing what to expect and reading reviews. It sounds like this is your first screen purchase and possibly DIY phone repair. My best advice is shop with reputable vendors, all of whom will offer returns, and read reviews. The reason I bought the more expensive item was because the less expensive item had one review where a shopper had bought 2 and one didn't work. Was it likely to happen to me, probably not, but I didn't want to take that chance. Research on YouTube what it will take to make the repair. The tools others are using, what adhesives they are using and how difficult the repairs are, that will give you insight into whether you should pick the one that offers tools, the one that offers adhesives or if you can go with the lower priced one that is just the part you need. The rest is at your discretion.
    01-17-2019 12:12 AM
    Mods, could you please close this thread? I actually wanted to post it in the "Nexus 6P" forum. Thanks...
    01-17-2019 07:04 PM
    Mods, could you please close this thread? I actually wanted to post it in the "Nexus 6P" forum. Thanks...
    Done. Use this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=935504
    01-17-2019 07:07 PM