Hi all. I have succesfully installed Twrp on my phone, an Xperia XA2. (Or at least I think so: when I boot in recover mode Twrp runs fine, so... )

I however can't see any of the apps I try to install through Twrp, 'tho. A couple of examples:

Twrp itself asks me to install a Twrp app to notify me of updates. I give permission, it installs it, reboots the phone... And i can't see the app anywhere.

Same thing for a... EHM... Gps spoofing app I tried to install through Twrp (it is packaged in a zip folder): i select the zip file, Twrp seems to run the installation properly and notifies me of the installation... but when i reboot, I can't find the app on the phone. Am I missing something? I have never operated on Twrp before and I am a total noob, so I really have no idea... Thanks in advance for the help!
    01-16-2019 10:28 PM
    Hi all. I have succesfully installed Twrp on my phone, an Xperia XA2. (Or at least I think so: when I boot in recover mode Twrp runs fine, so... )

I however can't see any of the apps I try to install through Twrp, 'tho. A couple of examples:

Twrp itself asks me to install a Twrp app to notify me of updates. I give permission, it installs it, reboots the phone... And i can't see the app anywhere.

Same thing for a... EHM... Gps spoofing app I tried to install through Twrp (it is packaged in a zip folder): i select the zip file, Twrp seems to run the installation properly and notifies me of the installation... but when i reboot, I can't find the app on the phone. Am I missing something? I have never operated on Twrp before and I am a total noob, so I really have no idea... Thanks in advance for the help!
    While twrp has many functions app management is not one of them.
    Not all zip and image files can be flash through twrp nor does it install APK apps.
    Any apps installed through twrp should show up in in your app drawer or in settings- apps management menu.
    Also depending on the function of the app it may or may not have a user interface to it and may not show up in your app draw or could be a addon for another app.
    In regards to the twrp app not installing it's a bit hard to say without some more info but is not essential to twrp itself. If you really need it download it off playstore if it doesn't install itself.
    As for the EHM GPS spoofing app it may not be a twrp flashable zip file but one to be extracted using any zip program and installed like any other app
    01-17-2019 04:13 AM
    Thank you so much for your answer. Just to give a bit more of a context: I am trying to install a GPs Joystick app, and i need it to be a system app in order for it to work properly after the latest Google security updates. That's why i tried to flash the zip file, that should be packaged right for that purpose. I also tried to extract the .apk file from the zip, install it directly as a normal app in my phone, and then move it from data to system/priv-app. The moment i move the app folder , I stumble into the same problem: the app is nowhere to be found in my phone. May it be there's a problem in term of permissions?
    01-17-2019 04:35 AM
    If this is what you are talking about maybe this may be of some help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonGoSp...ooted_android/

Or from the app in playstore leads to this link

http://gpsjoystick.theappninjas.com/faq/
    01-17-2019 05:40 AM