Hello. I have a moto Z Play Droid, Android version 8.0.0, Android security patch level August 1, 2018, SKU/Serial Number XT1635-01 Recently I noticed that parts of the touch screen aren't working. it doesn't respond to my touch, and what ends up happening is I slide past the part that's not working, and it thinks I'm tapping something to open. This is extremely annoying, because I end up highlighting entire blocks of text, or opening links to pages I didn't want, etc. The area affected is mostly in the center of the screen. Here's what I've tried so far: I used the Moto Help app to troubleshoot it, and it says the screen is working. It didn't do much good, because all it had me do was trace the boxes on the outside edge of the screen, where my problem is in the middle. I've tried a hard reset. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity settings. None of that has worked. I also tried booting it in safe mode, and the problem is still there. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can find a fix for this? Or am I looking at having to get a replacement phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    01-18-2019 07:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a screen protector on? If so, take it off and see if the problem persists.
    01-18-2019 10:50 AM