I have been a dedicated Samsung user for many years. I have had the S8+ for almost 2 years and it has been great-- until the last couple of months. The first issue I had was that I was suddenly unable to send calls or texts from inside my office which had never been an issue before. I turned wi fi calling on and off and it made no difference. It is currently set to off. I did a factory reset of my phone. After the reset texts and calls were fine but I was unable to be on a phone call and use another app- like Waze. This was never an issue before. Likewise, I can't have Waze running and try to use the Google assistant. Seems like I can only use one app at a time. And now I'm back to issues with texts and call problems from inside my office since yesterday. I use the Textra app for texting but have switched back to the Samsung app. I have Googled for solutions to this but have not found an answer. I have fiddled with all kinds of settings to no avail. What should my preferred network mode be? It is set to Global.
    01-18-2019 10:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Who's your carrier? Have you asked them about this? Is your cell signal strong? It's possible the tower(s) serving the area are having problems.

Also, is your VoLTE function turned on? Simultaneous voice and data requires VoLTE, so if it got turned off for some reason, that could explain why you can't be on a call and use Waze at the same time.
    01-18-2019 10:36 AM
    B. Diddy, Thanks for the assistance. My carrier is Verizon. I have not asked them. My signal does look weak. Maybe that is the issue with the calls and texts from inside the building. Won't it use Wi Fi if the mobile signal is weak if I have wi fi calling turned on? Can you please elaborate on the VoLTE function? Thanks for any assistance. Angie
    01-18-2019 10:45 AM
    I think wi-fi calling still requires there to be some kind of cell signal in the area. If the cell signal is rotten, wi-fi calling might still be unreliable.

VoLTE means Voice over LTE -- it allows your voice calls to go over 4G LTE at the same time the phone is accessing the web on LTE. It's how phones can access both at the same time, unless the phone has dual antennae (not common on modern phones). Verizon calls it Advanced Calling, I think. Go to Settings>Mobile Networks​ and make sure Advanced Calling is turned on.
    01-18-2019 12:04 PM