Hi,
    I have a Huawei P20 Pro using the native email application.

My issue is with draft/saved emails. When I compose an email and save it to send in the future, many of the punctuation marks are replaced with what look like HTML codes.

The most common example is an apostrophe. It gets replaced with '

This is quite inconvenient as then I have to go back in and fix all occurrences of this before I can send the message. It happens for many punctuation marks, but not all. Periods, question marks, exclamation points and parenthesis are fine.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed or a character set updated or something?

Thanks!
    01-18-2019 03:11 PM
    Probably not (but I don't have a P20, so I can't look around in one). It's probably a bug that Huawei has to address and fix.

(You can use the GMail app until then. Just run Pay and install it, put your email address into it [as an existing account], and you'll get all your emails.)
    01-18-2019 04:06 PM
    Sounds like your email app wants to send the email as HTML for fonts and colors, etc.
    If this is the case, then the special chars used by HTML need to be encoded when used as part of the message so that the HTML works correctly at the receiving end of the email.

The odd part is that your email app seems to not correctly show the draft emails as HTML emails.

If you change the email settings to send in text-only, this should solve the problem subject to all the limitations of text-only email.
    01-18-2019 04:16 PM