I can download and open files just fine using a browser. However, whenever I try to download anything from the facebook app, I get a notification when the download finishes and can open it from there. After that however, the file never shows up on any folder on my files. I already enabled the storage permissions for the app which doesn't seem to work.
    Debbie F1 likes this.
    01-19-2019 07:17 AM
    Sounds like you are opening the link but not downloading it. Check your app permissions for fb. Assure access to storage.
    01-19-2019 08:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Many apps use their own download directory, not the main /Download directory. Use a file manager app to look through the user-accessible directories and see if you can find one associated with Facebook. It might be in the /Pictures, /data, or /Android directory.
    01-19-2019 01:00 PM
    I am having this same issue. Storage to my DIScard permission is enabled and so have done a search for the fikes in My Files and in directories mentioned above and still can't find the files. Would really, really love to solve this problem. Any other suggestions? Thank you
    05-30-2019 08:31 PM
    Same question. I've had this question for some time now and can't figure it out. I have to immediately open the downloaded file and save-as somewhere or it is gone forever after I first access it after Facebook download. And I've tried searching for the file on my internal storage and never find it. Where do these files land when downloaded using the Facebook app?
    07-05-2019 08:29 AM
    I'm also having issues finding files I have downloaded.

I have down loaded a few .dxf files from facebook. When I pull down the screen, they show up as being in the "download manager" but when I look for them (phone or pc), they are not there.

I have searched the phone for .dxf and they are not coming up.

This is frustrating. I have looked everywhere I can think of to look, they are not to be found.
    07-11-2019 12:45 PM