I have tablet ,Transformer TF 101,android version 4.0.3.Today I was not able to start you tube.The window appears with"a new version of You Tube is available.Install it now from Google Play.I tried to install ,first I uninstalled all updates as required and than I pressed Update.Installing commenced and completed,when I tried to open app,the same msg appears again.
    Tablet was bought with installed application.There is a lot of memory in.
    I'll appreciate your help.
    l
    01-20-2019 09:07 AM
    That's because, as time goes on, older versions of operating systems lose support. This is the case in your situation. That device was released 8 years ago, the last OS update was 7 years ago, it's no longer secure and does not support authentication protocols in use currently. Google has dropped support for Ice Cream Sandwich, the OS you have on that device.

I recently booted my Acer Iconia A500 that was released at the same time as your Transformer tablet, I was unable to log in to my Google account from it (it had been reset).

You'll need to explore 3rd-party ROM support for that tablet but, IMO, that's a band-aid as that will only go so far. IMO, it's time to look at replacing it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-20-2019 09:25 AM
    Wow, blasts from the past! I had a TF300 and an A500. Good times.
    01-20-2019 02:55 PM