Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
    Android 8.0.0

Problem:
    I can not connect to the wireless network at work. No one else have the same problem. I did not have this problem with my previous phone. So far I have not had this problem on any other network than the one at work.

Description:
    I can see the network on the list of available networks, choose it - and write the correct password - I can then see that the phone start to connect to the network - then suddendly the wifi on the phone are being switched off, then a few seconds later wifi are being switched on again - phone once more tries to connect to the network - then again wifi are being swithed off, few seconds later wifi are on again, phone tries to connect and wifi are being switched off, and so it continues....

What I have tried:
    -Restarted phone
    -Restarted network router
    -"forgot" the network in the network list
    -Reset network settings

Anyone have a solution to this problem? Thank you in advance!
    01-20-2019 12:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/s...018/safe-mode/
    01-20-2019 01:16 PM
    Thank you for answer! I tested now in safe mode, exactly the same thing happend. Wifi keep switching on and off when trying to connect to this network.
    01-20-2019 02:27 PM
    Does this happen no matter where you are in the office? If you're in an area where the signal is particularly poor, the phone might be losing signal easily.
    01-20-2019 02:35 PM
    same thing everwhere. Even when I am close to the router and have full signal strength. I find it very strange that the wifi on the phone keep switching on/off when trying to connect to this network. Can the network i some way send a signal to the phone that it should switch off wifi?
    01-20-2019 02:48 PM
    Is the wi-fi radio actually turning off, or is the wi-fi indicator just turning blank (indicating that it's disconnected from the network)? If you go to the Settings>Wi-fi menu, do you see the toggle switch turning off?
    01-20-2019 06:58 PM
    I can see that the toggle switch are turning off, then turning on again.
    01-20-2019 11:44 PM
    Hmm, this is puzzling. Do you have any kind of wi-fi or network optimizer app or feature on the phone?

Let me also call in some reinforcements, someone who is more of a techhead than I am -- hey @Rukbat, whaddya think?
    01-21-2019 02:34 AM
    I'm totally at a loss. I'd guess that it had something to do with the way the router was set up (specifically the wireless access point in the router), but it could be the encryption type (my Note 3s would connect like dial-up using TKIP). If there's anyone running the network there, I'd speak to that person and see if they can figure it out. Maybe even stay for a few minutes after work and lay with things to see if they can get the A7 working. Not-hands-on makes this a difficult problem to troubleshoot - if the network person had the phone, it would probably take a few minutes to arrive at some conclusion (maybe even just a defective phone).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-21-2019 02:27 PM
    It only happens at work. That is the place to look. Who administers your network and have you talked to them?
    01-21-2019 03:24 PM