Long story short. Daughter bought a Samsung Galaxy 6. "It wasn't charged" when she bought it. When she got it home she charged it and it was locked.... Seller ghosted her. I assumed the phone is stolen or found. ANYWAYS. Teenagers. I tried doing a factory hard reset. But when you go to log onto the google accounts is asks for the original user info.... I have searched and tried stuff but can't figure it out. Anyone out there able to help? I feel so bad cause she paid alot of bananas of her Christmas presents for this. Thanks.
    01-20-2019 11:19 PM
    Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to unlock the phone, factory reset protection is designed to deter theft and there's no publically known way to bypass it. If a method was found and became public Google would be quick to patch it.
    hallux likes this.
    01-20-2019 11:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's unfortunate -- but as they say, a good life lesson [ducks to avoid thrown shoe].

Since there's a decent chance the phone was stolen, you should consider bringing it to your local police and describing the seller. They also might be able to locate the original owner if the phone was reported stolen, but the chances of that are admittedly pretty slim.
    hallux likes this.
    01-21-2019 04:18 AM
    Hand it in to the police or a carrier store. The legitimate owner may be desperately hoping that someone hands it in, and right now, that would be you.
    hallux likes this.
    01-21-2019 04:22 AM
    I'm with the others, this is a police issue. If you don't turn it in and it's later found out she does have it, she could be charged with possession of stolen property. Hopefully they can catch the scammer and get her money back, and they will also be able to return it to the carrier to try getting it back to its rightful owner.
    hallux and B. Diddy like this.
    01-21-2019 06:51 AM
    01-21-2019 07:44 PM