"Backed up" folder from device is not in Google Photos

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I saw a similarly titled question that describes a different issue to mine, so please don't delete or merge this question.

On my android phone, which is currently submitted for repairs so I can't do anything on it, there are separate folders according to where the media is from, such as Whatsapp, or screenshot etc. I have turned on auto back up for those folders. When I go to those folders on my phone, it says 'backed up'. However, when I log into Google photos or Google drive on my computer, none of those folders are there, only the main photos are there. Why is this and how do I fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you say that you go to those folders on the phone and they say "backed up," are you talking about opening the Google Photos app, tapping Menu>Device Folders, and seeing a cloud icon on those folders that shows they're set to be backed up?

Remember also that on the Google Photos website, you're not going to see those folders backed up as separate albums. The photos will be merged into the main photo stream, sorted by date. You can then create your own virtual albums on Google Photos.