I have a problem that never happens to me before. Am a fanatic Android and Gmail user since 2005. all my contacts 6400 of them are on my Google Apps account. I have recently changed phone and my phone now is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. for the last 2 weeks, I am having an issue with the contacts. My telephone sync's and deletes the contacts from the Gmail account. I recover them using the option of Gmail to restore contacts but this creates me a lot of stress.
    01-23-2019 11:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! By "Google Apps account," do you mean a standard Google account, or a G Suite account?
    01-23-2019 12:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! By "Google Apps account," do you mean a standard Google account, or a G Suite account?
    G suite. When I created it it used to be called Google Apps. Its not a gmail.com but my owndomain.com. Thanks a lot your time.
    01-23-2019 12:42 PM
    I'm probably not going to be able to help directly, but let me make sure the details of the problem are clear -- are you saying that the phone seems to be erasing the contacts from your G Suite account in the cloud, as if it were prioritizing its lack of contacts over your G Suite's many contacts (essentially overwriting them)?
    01-23-2019 03:22 PM
    No, it is even more strange. On Gsuite I have 6475, on my phone are syncronized 3600 sometihng, which I guess are the ones who have a telephone number. I did not see ever with this phone all 6475 to apear, which is not actually a big deal since I need the ones with phone number. Suddenly this 3600 number becomes 2700 and contacts lie my Wife for example or my Daugher that are on the cloud for many many years are DELETED from the cloud, without any reason. Then I go back and I restore them, and i syncronise again, they again go back to 6475 on the web and 3700 on the phone, this happens every 2 or 3 days. am a user of GSuite for many years, this is the first time I experience such a thing, I tried to see if there is an option somewhere on the phone, or on the web, nothing. Guys, any help will be fantastic.
    01-27-2019 04:17 AM
    Do you have another device signed in to the same account? Does it have an empty or different contact list? Is it set to sync? Including pcs, tabs etc.
    01-27-2019 06:05 AM