So I'm using a Google Pixel with Chrome browser. I typically close all tabs after using chrome. When I reopen Chrome, there will be a tab titled "Home Page" with an address livemobilesearch.com/blah blah containing some popup ad on the banner. Sometimes the tab is duplicated 5+ times in the browser. I've tried force stop/clear cache/clear data for Chrome, uninstall and reinstall chrome, no changes. Android 9 is installed and Chrome is version 71.0.3578.99. Any advice on how to get rid of this?
    01-23-2019 04:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Chrome's Settings>Privacy menu and clear all browsing history "from the beginning of time." For good measure, do the same thing on your desktop Chrome, in case it tries to sync back. Now see if the redirect still happens.
    01-24-2019 02:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Chrome's Settings>Privacy menu and clear all browsing history "from the beginning of time." For good measure, do the same thing on your desktop Chrome, in case it tries to sync back. Now see if the redirect still happens.
    Hey I'm the OP. Tried this and I'm still getting the tabs popping up. Any other potential solutions?
    01-24-2019 03:44 PM
    Hmm. Does this also happen if you launch Chrome from the App Drawer or from the Play Store page (as opposed to from the homescreen)? Just wondering if some annoying adware or malware created a fake Chrome shortcut on your screen that launches that specific site.
    01-24-2019 05:27 PM
    Hmm. Does this also happen if you launch Chrome from the App Drawer or from the Play Store page (as opposed to from the homescreen)? Just wondering if some annoying adware or malware created a fake Chrome shortcut on your screen that launches that specific site.
    It seems to happen no matter how I open it. Just now, I had my phone locked, and chrome was not open. When I unlocked the phone, instead of going to my home screen Chrome automatically opened to one of those tabs.
    01-25-2019 09:51 AM
    In that case, there's probably some adware installed on the phone that's bringing it up. See if this guide helps: https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...d-culprit.html. You might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    01-25-2019 10:53 AM
    It seems to happen no matter how I open it. Just now, I had my phone locked, and chrome was not open. When I unlocked the phone, instead of going to my home screen Chrome automatically opened to one of those tabs.
    I had the same issue. Went to settings > Apps & Notification > See all xx Apps

You should see the culprit somewhere up top. There's an app that has something like a long name, all lower case, with several periods between words. The icon seems somewhat official to Android as well. You'll want to stop the app and delete all the data.

That should be it.
    02-01-2019 02:42 AM