I have a J7 Core, and I use a silicone case covered by hard plastic. The phone is too big to put on a lazy phone holder if it's got the case on, so I remove the case. When I remove the case, I am greeted by small quantities of this weird, transparent, thick liquid, and it leaves marks on my phone. It also brings both a pleasant and unpleasant smell. Seriously.

I have only one theory. I use it in the shower frequently because I like to listen to music or commentary on things, and because of the humidity it goes into my phone case and stays in the back of my phone.

I know I didn't provide much information but can anyone figure out why the hell my phone is "sweating".
    01-26-2019 11:46 AM
    It sounds as you described, moisture from the shower. The phone itself couldn't be producing the liquid.
    01-26-2019 12:28 PM
    I use it in the shower frequently
    Not because of the issue that you describe but for other reasons - STOP THAT! While the phone may be rated for water resistance, that's WATER, not steam. Showers have water under pressure, steam is made up of smaller molecules and result in liquid intrusion. Keep doing it if you want, but you'll be back here asking how to revive your water-damaged phone sooner than later. If you insist on continuing this practice - make sure you have a backup of anything on that phone that you can't live without.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-26-2019 12:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry you are having this problem!

Even if your phone is water resistant, it is still not advisable to use it in the shower. The heat/steam from the shower will open/expand the sealed parts of the phone and moisture will eventually enter the phone. The liquid coming out of the phone may signify this occurrence. Is anything else happening with the phone - hardware issues or overheating?

Please keep us posted on this situation!
    01-26-2019 12:41 PM