The YouTube App tell me to install the latest version, which I have done so but I still get the same screen message telling me to upgrade, which i cant, becuase i am using one of the older models of Android and cannot afford to buy a new one, is there a way to work around this?

Using the alternative YouTube apps are a real pain to use.

Thanks In Advance

Matt
    01-27-2019 07:25 AM
    This has come up several times recently. The bottom line is that over time older versions of operating systems lose support. This is probably the case here (is yours running a version older than Jellybean?) and as a result the version of YouTube on your device is no longer supported and the current version of YouTube does not support your device. By my calculations Jellybean was released in 2012 (and Ice Cream Sandwich, the most recent to be sunset, was 2011), that's light years behind in the current annual release market.

You could try using the browser on your device to access the YouTube website, not sure if that will work though.

Here's one of the previous threads on this - https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...n-youtube.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-27-2019 08:52 AM