Hi everyone, for the last week or so I have been experiencing a couple of issues with the YouTube app on my Huawei Nova 3i
    The first one (and the most annoying) is that when watching a video, the phone vibrates whenever a card appears (that little i in a circle in the top right corner)

The second one is that the overlay of the control buttons (play, next previous, exit full-screen etc.) won't disappear unless I tap that cross in the bottom-right corner just next to the exit full-screen button, normally the overlay should go off after 2 seconds or so, or when you tap any of the empty screen areas.

Now I am forced to use some modded apps such as YoutubeVanced and OGYouTube, which don't save my watch history and this is seriously impacting my user experience on YouTube.

I would really appreciate you help.

Best regards.
    01-27-2019 12:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What version of YouTube are you using? Have you already tried clearing its app cache and data?
    01-27-2019 12:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What version of YouTube are you using? Have you already tried clearing its app cache and data?
    I am using the latest version as for today 14.03.53.
    Yes I cleared its cache and data I even wiped the Cache Partition, I also tried rolling back to an older version and none of that helped.
    01-27-2019 02:30 PM
    For the vibration, go to Settings>Apps, select YouTube, then Notifications. I'm not sure which category those cards would be, but tap on one of the categories (maybe Subscriptions or Recommended Videos), then Advanced, then make sure Vibrate is turned off.

For the control button issue -- what happens if you do a pinch-to-zoom gesture?
    01-27-2019 06:01 PM