I can add free watch faces all day long but whenever I try to purchase one through the Samsung Gear app it tells me that I have to "first turn on Samsung billing" in settings. Then it goes to settings but kicks right back to the watch face screen and I can't seem to download anything that is paid. Anyone have this issue?
    01-28-2019 12:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the Samsung Billing app installed, either on the watch or the phone?
    01-28-2019 01:08 PM
    No, there does not seem to be this app on the watch or phone. Also, there does not appear to be anyplace to download and install this app from which is odd.
    01-29-2019 08:12 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's available from the Galaxy Apps Store -- I just saw it on my mother's old Tab Pro.
    01-29-2019 12:46 PM
    Not on mine.
    01-29-2019 01:47 PM
    Maybe it's a Verizon blocked thing?
    01-29-2019 01:48 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, just to make sure it isn't there but perhaps in a Disabled state.
    01-29-2019 05:28 PM
    Already did that - not there. Something in the phone is blocking it or hiding it because I downloaded the latest Samsung Billing apk file from SamMobile website and it won't install it. I tried a couple versions. I just don't understand what is going on. At this point I'll likely let the issue go for now. The only reason I needed it was purchase a watch face that I liked and there are plenty of decent free ones to choose from so I guess I'll live with one of those. It's annoying though. They are the ones losing out on money, not me. You'd think they would fix the issue. Thanks for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2019 08:04 AM
    If your phone is particularly old, maybe the Samsung Billing app isn't compatible. Also, someone in this thread suggested to open your Samsung Pay app and select it as your main payment app: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...pp/td-p/649401
    01-30-2019 09:42 AM
    If your phone is particularly old, maybe the Samsung Billing app isn't compatible. Also, someone in this thread suggested to open your Samsung Pay app and select it as your main payment app: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...pp/td-p/649401
    Note 8 so not that old. Samsung Pay app is main payment. Still nothing.
    02-05-2019 07:24 PM
    Could it be a regional restriction? Where do you live?
    02-06-2019 11:53 AM
    Could it be a regional restriction? Where do you live?
    New Hampshire, USA. Do not know of any regional restriction.
    02-06-2019 06:27 PM
    Hmm, I'm pretty much out of ideas. I don't know if Verizon still uses it, but if the phone came with DT Ignite (which is used to automatically install certain apps from the carrier), and if that was disabled, maybe that might be a reason? Otherwise, check with Verizon to see if they know anything about this.
    02-06-2019 07:57 PM
    The same thing happened to me while trying to purchase a font. After you put your password in for your Samsung account hit the down arrow across from Payment Method. It will allow you to use a regular credit card. Samsung Pay doesn't accept the card I have but I was able to use to pay for my purchases in the Samsung store. Hope this helps. It took me awhile to figure it out.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-06-2019 11:48 PM
    Hmm, I'm pretty much out of ideas. I don't know if Verizon still uses it, but if the phone came with DT Ignite (which is used to automatically install certain apps from the carrier), and if that was disabled, maybe that might be a reason? Otherwise, check with Verizon to see if they know anything about this.
    Thanks anyway, B. Diddy. It's just so silly. I mean, why would you NOT want to allow people to make purchases. While I've read of a few others having this issue there are definitely not that many which is probably why I've never found an answer anywhere.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-07-2019 03:45 PM
    The same thing happened to me while trying to purchase a font. After you put your password in for your Samsung account hit the down arrow across from Payment Method. It will allow you to use a regular credit card. Samsung Pay doesn't accept the card I have but I was able to use to pay for my purchases in the Samsung store. Hope this helps. It took me awhile to figure it out.
    I'm not sure where/what you're talking about here. From the watchface purchase screen it automatically prompts me to go to Settings and turn on Billing for which there is no app. I'm never prompted for a password, nor do I see any down arrows or Payment Method. I think we're talking about different apps?
    02-07-2019 03:47 PM
    Okay, so I finally figured this out. Doh! My own error - maybe. I installed an app called BK Manager and BK Plugin 2 which is used to specifically disable any unwanted bloat apps. Most people use to kill off the Bixby button and remap it to do something else, which is what I initially bought if for. Although I don't remember doing it, I apparently when in and killed off some apps early on, one of them being Samsung Billing! I looked for this the first time around and missed it in the app but then went in again the other day and saw the box checked off. Unchecked it and viola! - instant access to Samsung Billing and the ability to (finally!) buy some watchfaces for my Samsung Gear S3. Mystery solved. Wanted to post in case anyone out there finds this thread. Not many people had this issue, but a few did.
    03-06-2019 09:15 AM