When I connect my nokia 5.1 ( not nokia 5.1 plus ) there are 2 new "drives."
    One of them is called CD Drive (F CDROM. It contains files, a setup for something and drive. There is also one folder named Driver and in it theres just a file.
    The other one is called Nokia 5.1 but it's empty.
    I have changed my phone to file transfers from charging before I put it in my computer.
    01-28-2019 02:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you connect the phone to your computer, make sure it's set to File Transfer/MTP (like you've been doing). Then on your computer, cancel out of any window that pops up asking you to do something about the virtual CD drive, and open Windows Explorer. Look at the device list -- you should see the phone there. Double click it to start exploring the storage.

Most phone makers no longer do this, but some still do -- the "CD drive" is a partition of the phone's storage that's set up like a virtual CD-ROM, and when you connect the phone via USB to a PC, it's set to Autorun (as if you were inserting a CD-ROM into your computer's drive). The programs are probably useless phone interface programs that Nokia or the carrier provide for you to install on your computer -- you probably don't need them at all.
    01-29-2019 12:21 AM