Been carrying my LG Optimus which now cannot connect to Google Play (nor to the update servers).

Want to migrate all text message info from LG Optimus and all text info from my current Galaxy S5 onto a brand new phone. (all text info = SMS including images/video)

I specifically want to transfer all text info from the oldest phone (LG) to the newest phone, then transfer all text info from the current Galaxy S5 to that same newest phone, while merging the older and oldest text messages (from the same phone number) so they progress from oldest text to newest as would be expected and without them overwriting each other.

Some names in the phone contact are slightly different between the 2 phones (old and current phone).

Also I haven't bought a new phone yet until get advice here in case there's one that's best for doing this migration.

Plus, I've used SMS Backup & Restore to back up the current phone messages onto Google Drive. (2nd question: does that app save the images + video from messages? )

Already tried to transfer messages from the LG Optimus at the T-Mobile store using their old machine that transfers text, and the dales rep said the system claimed my Android version is slightly too old (version 2.3.6). Since my phone cannot connect to the servers to update anymore (even over WiFi), don't know what to do.

Please help before the phones die! They're both starting to malfunction. In time won't be able to transfer anything.

I'm willing to pay anyone who can get the job done who's an active member of this community, if the advice is too hard (I don't know anything about rooting or advanced
    stuff)
    01-28-2019 01:56 PM
    My friend a former Cricket employee suggested this......

Maybe if he downloaded GoWireless from the authorized retailer page to both phones and then transferred the text messages to the S5, backed up the S5 and then migrated to his new phone
    Might be messy doing that way though.
    01-29-2019 09:58 AM
    Some names in the phone contact are slightly different between the 2 phones (old and current phone).
    You can back up one account, then use the backup file to add those contacts to the other account.

Plus, I've used SMS Backup & Restore to back up the current phone messages onto Google Drive.
    That\s the app I would have suggested.

(2nd question: does that app save the images + video from messages? )
    No, only the texts themselves. you'll have to copy the pictures and videos separately.

Already tried to transfer messages from the LG Optimus at the T-Mobile store using their old machine that transfers text, and the sales rep said the system claimed my Android version is slightly too old (version 2.3.6). Since my phone cannot connect to the servers to update anymore (even over WiFi), don't know what to do.
    SMS Backup & Restore should still work. (Use Apk Extractor to create an .apk file of it on the new phone, copy that file to the old phone, and just tap it and it should run the installer and install. (Use a file manager.)

I'm willing to pay anyone who can get the job done who's an active member of this community, if the advice is too hard (I don't know anything about rooting or advanced stuff)
    No need to root or do "advanced stuff", and if you're not near whoever would do it for you, that means shipping costs for 2 phones both ways (including insurance both ways) and giving changing the passwords on both phones to something like 11111 temporarily - and giving them temporary passwords to your Google accounts (and you can't reuse the existing passwords after it's all done - that's a Google rule). Many of us could, but I'd recommend finding someone in your town or close by, so you could put in the passwords, not have to pay shipping and insurance, etc. (I live in Fayetteville, NC, if that helps. And I don't charge - I'm retired.)
    pkcable and openplex like this.
    01-29-2019 12:29 PM
    Thanks I'll private message you.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-02-2019 12:09 PM