I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to the S9.

The software was a downgrade on several respects. Voice recognition was absolutely terrible! Fortunately, I was able to figure out that it was using Samsung software and I was able to switch back to the Google software, which works great.

Also, when I texted my girlfriend's iPhone, my longer texts would be split up into several texts and delivered in random order. Again, I found the Messages app was by Samsung and was able to download Google's Messages app, which delivers my long texts as a single message.

And I hate Bixby.

Also, it's cool technology to curve the screen but it provides nothing to me but fading images along the edge and a screen that is more exposed to damage.

I thought Samsung had some good phone, but does anyone else find their apps to just be garbage?
    Sn0man likes this.
    01-29-2019 11:55 AM
    What I like about the Google versions is I can change devices and not worry about the data. It's all there.
    01-29-2019 12:04 PM
    I have a completely different experience, Google assistant and voice recognition is trash compared to Bixby.

For messaging I've been using Verizons app for years, superior to Google messages and Samsungs stock messenger. I've been able to text using my number from a tablet or PC for nearly 5 years now, something Google messages still hasn't gotten right and Samsung doesn't offer.
    01-29-2019 01:05 PM
    I've been able to text using my number from a tablet or PC for nearly 5 years now, something Google messages still hasn't gotten right and Samsung doesn't offer.
    I've always used Hangouts to text from my PC (the add-on for Firefox or Chrome work well). Never had a problem.

Vice recognition? Well ... it's a lot better than it was in 1980, but so far, the only system I've found that does it well is Dragon Naturally Speaking, and there's no version for Android or any cellphone. Maybe in another 10 years or so.
    01-29-2019 02:15 PM