Redmi 5 plus locked by: find my device.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My sis bought me a xiaomi redmi 5 plus device last Dec.2018 as her xmas gift to me... I used it when im in online games. I didnt update the OS neither anything that you should update...i was curious about this MI Account.so what i did is i create an account. Without thinking i was just creating this account and assurming that its fine and okey as well as nothing will happen if i download whatever i want etc...now as i finished creating MI account i chck my antivirus mcafee.then i just tap those security lock for apps. i cant remmbr if i create a 4 digit pin. What happen is when i woke up in the morning and about to grab and check my phone. The screen display This Phone is locked by Find My Device. Shocked! I dunno what to do. The phone is asking for a 4 digit pin which is im not using a pin for a passwrd on my phone. Im using a fingerprint or a pattern. Jan 10 or 11 my new redmi was locked. Im so desperate..tired of chatting Mi support ...email their support etc.joined forums...etc. until now my phone is still locked.😭😭😭 all replies from email..chat...forums is factory reset. But remmber my phone was locked by find my device. Why it happen? How? The big mistake here is that i did not sync my data on my account all pictures...videos of my kids and families.. help me what to do or any suggestion o how to recover data that havent sync on account. No prob.if i reset the phone i just want to recover all of my data. I have read that theres a way on how to unlock regardless if manufcturer will give the secret code.is it true?? Pls. HELP

AsH_187

Feb 5, 2019
Visit site
It comes with a box and all are good.it seems it looks new..im not really kind of sure if the device was already used or it was a brand new..she bought it online and its legit though...but have nothing to do about it... I already reset my device but sad to say allmy datas are wiped out..all i really want is to bring it back if theres a way...but hubby's having a hard time configuring it how to restore ..😭😭😭

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So there's no IMEI listed on the box? When you buy something online, it can sometimes be really difficult to know for sure that the item or the seller are legit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463