Moto g 5 plus/ Android 8.1.0
    If I go into the Moto camera app, press "settings", and scroll to "storage location", it says "phone". I would like to change this to "micro SD card", but the text is lighter than the rest of the text and when I press on it, nothing happens. The SD card is fully inserted into the phone and has plenty of storage left on it. Why does this happen? Thanks
    01-29-2019 04:51 PM
    Welcome to the forums. How did you set the SD card, as internal/adoptable or as external/portable storage?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-29-2019 04:53 PM
    (I'm the same person)
    When I go into settings and press "SanDisk SD card", then press the three dots at the top right, one option says "format as portable". I assume that means that it is currently formatted as internal.
    01-30-2019 10:05 AM
    (I'm the same person)
    When I go into settings and press "SanDisk SD card", then press the three dots at the top right, one option says "format as portable". I assume that means that it is currently formatted as internal.
    It seems that way. Once you format the card as internal/adoptable it can't be used in any other device and the phone doesn't recognise it as a differentiated storage location, all is internal.
    Tim1954 and Rukbat like this.
    01-30-2019 10:12 AM