How to play android music via stereo

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I recently switched to the Honor 10 and when I plug my phone via USB into my pioneer stereo I get an error 23 I've read some posts that say androids don't work via that method with car stereos then theres some posts that say you can play music from android phone to stereo via USB. Most the posts are dated years ago has anyone came up with a solution to this problem had I known I probably would have bought another Iphone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It depends on the stereo. Historically, most car stereos tend to be more compatible with iPhones when it comes to USB connection. If you plug an Android device into a car USB port, it'll probably just treat it like a USB drive. You head unit doesn't have Bluetooth?

Toney Higgins

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
No my stereo is a older pioneer stereo it has an aux option but no plugin looked all over for the input so I'm assuming there isn't one. Only thing left is USB I'd use a FM transmitter but I tried 5 different ones and they all produce static.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No my stereo is a older pioneer stereo it has an aux option but no plugin looked all over for the input so I'm assuming there isn't one. Only thing left is USB I'd use a FM transmitter but I tried 5 different ones and they all produce static.

If it has an AUX option when selecting the source, then my guess is it's on the back of the radio. Of course that also means taking it out to wire a cable to it. If you know the model number of the stereo, I can try to look it up for you.

If nothing else works, I would consider an FM modulator. These are slightly different than an FM transmitter. The modulator is wired in line with the antenna wire, giving you a direct wired signal to your stereo. Then you would run the aux cable from your phone to the modulator. Some may also require a powered connection. They do take a bit of work to install, but they produce a much better sound than the transmitters.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No my stereo is a older pioneer stereo it has an aux option but no plugin looked all over for the input so I'm assuming there isn't one.
Not on the head unit. That's an "added option", like Sirius. It's a box that plugs into the system bus of the head unit, and has an Aux input jack on it. (Pioneer is sneaky.)

Only thing left is USB I'd use a FM transmitter but I tried 5 different ones and they all produce static.
Make sure that the FM transmitter and the radio are on the same frequency. (And put the transmitter near the head unit - like on the dash, right above the head unit. Most of them have a very limited range - not enough to get out to the car's radio antenna.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol