Changing the giga Hertz channel on a router box to comply with phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Google pixel 3 xl, and I am having a problem linking my work camera with the new one home because it only works with 2.5 giga hurtz channels and my router is stuck at channel 5gh

Just need to know if it is possible to switch the channels on my router or on the phone or I just am gonna have to buy a new camera.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just need to know if it is possible to switch the channels on my router or on the phone or I just am gonna have to buy a new camera.

The concern I have for you, about the camera, is that the camera also only supports an older 802.11 standard. What this will do is cause the entire network to slow to the highest speed it supports. I know someone that had a camera that supported 802.11b at a max, that means a maximum speed of 11 Mbps for every device on that network.

What do you need? A properly configured dual-band router. This allows 2.4 gHz devices and 5 gHz devices to both connect to the router but not slow each other down.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What brand and model of router do you have? Log into its settings via your computer browser (look at the router's manual to learn how) and see if you can adjust the bands there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The router most likely supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. As B. Diddy said, log into the router (you can use a PC or the browser in your phone) and see if there's a switch to turn on 2.4GHz.

If, for some reason, the router only operates on 5GHz (I've never seen one that does), you either need a dual-band router or take the card out of the camera (I assume this is for transferring pictures), put it into a USB adapter, plug the USB adapter into an OTG cable and plug the cable into the Pixel 3.