Why does my activity keep showing that I've been on chrome when it doesn't show the websites I've been on or any searches for anything? Happens sometimes multiple times a day.
    Thanks
    01-30-2019 04:46 AM
    Could be someone is logged in and then clears the history. Go through your Google security check, sign out of all devices. Change your password from a pc and enable 2fa. Or it could be nothing.
    Good luck
    01-30-2019 05:16 AM
    It's definitely only me that has access to it. Other times it will log chrome but then be followed by what I've searched or what websites I've been on. I tested it to see if it happened just when I went on there and stayed on the last tab. Didn't click through to anything else but it didn't show up that time. I'm starting to think it messes up and isn't very accurate with times a lot
    01-30-2019 08:26 AM
    "Google Chrome: Fast & Secure" refers to the Chrome app for the phone, while "Chrome" probably just refers to the Chrome browser on your computer. It might also be that the Chrome browser is accessing the web on its own (e.g., to sync data with your Google account in the cloud).
    01-30-2019 12:12 PM
    It's only my phone that I use not a computer and it's always google chrome fast & secure. So could that be just the phone doing it itself? Thanks
    01-30-2019 12:50 PM
    It could be, as B. Diddy said, just Chrome syncing data. Or it could be another app that depends on a function in Chrome, so Chrome is run (by Android) to make that function available.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2019 01:15 PM
    Good point by Rukbat. On Nougat and above, Chrome also does what Android System Webview does (in other words, when an app wants to display web content, it usually has to go through Chrome. So even if you're not actively using Chrome, some component of it might be active through another app.
    01-30-2019 06:45 PM