Hi,
    I bought a Samsung microSDXC UHS-I EVO Plus 64GB card to use with my Galaxy S5 but it does not fit the microSD slot. This SD card is too small. I contacted Samsung support and they said SDXC cards will not fit a Galaxy S5 but I have seen reviews online where people have reviewed SDXC cards with the Galaxy S5. Samsung support said to only use micro SD cards?? They say the S5 is compatible up to 128GB but I have not seen a Samsung SD card that is not SDXC above 32GB.

So I am asking what SD card is definitely compatible with the Galaxy S5 preferably 64GB but 32GB would be ok too.

I bought the phone in the UK but I will be buying the SD card in Malaysia. I don't think this should make a difference.

Thanks in advance for any inputs as I am now quite confused about what I can buy.

Joe
    01-31-2019 01:27 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! All microSD cards are the same size. Are you sure you're trying to put it into the microSD slot, or are you mistaking the SIM slot for it?

01-31-2019 03:27 AM
    Thanks B. Diddy
    I was trying to put it in the MicroSD slot but I was not giving it enough 'oomph'. It did fit my wife's phone easily and since you confirmed they are all the same size it must fit. Good to know size is the same as without that standardisation it would get confusing.
    But that also means Samsung support in Malaysia are giving some crazy advice lol
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-31-2019 08:20 AM